Saturday, October 4, 2014

First Blog Post Ever... I so have no clue what I am doing! lol

Hey there!

My name is Shannon Flies, for those of you who don't know me. My identity is of this: I am a mom of 2, a soon-to-be-wife to their soon-to-be-stepfather, a woman of faith, an entrepreneur, and a servant to others. I am also many more things, but those are the main 5.

I am on this constant journey of "imperfect progress", and I am learning to be in love...with myself, and with life... the good, the bad, the ugly, and the beautiful. Along this journey, I am going through a lot of growing pains... and I have to believe that if I am... then so are other people, so why not talk about it? It's real life, so let's stop lying to ourselves about it all, and let's just get comfortable in living it out. That's why I call this blog, "A Dose of Truth"... because we all need some sort of medicine to relieve the growing pains... although oddly enough, many times the #doseoftruth makes the growing pains worse! :) But through it all, life gets better. (Notice I said better, not easier!)

I believe that God has gifted me with the art of written and spoken word. I also believe that He reveals the timing for the gifts He has given us... if we are paying attention... and if we are willing to accept them. Through circumstances, both self-inflicted and beyond my control, my gift of composing words into meaningful thoughts has finally been crafted. I have felt the tugging to share for quite some time... and it has come out many times through the avenue of Facebook. For my friends and family in that Land... I pray that I have been a blessing in some way.

It's time to join the BlogClub and expand perhaps beyond the limits of social media. This is my first post, I have no clue what I am doing, but as with many things that I try, I WILL figure it out. :)

Happy Saturday! Make it count for something will ya?
-Shannon Flies

No comments:

Post a Comment