Sunday, October 26, 2014

New Chances...


"Today begins the first day of the rest of my life." That's really something to think about! That's #adoseoftruth for sure! It is my hope that if you pull nothing else from this entry today, that at the very least, you will take that thought and apply it to your morning EACH and EVERY day from now until your last breath. It's a short statement, so it's nothing that you can't memorize, and it puts things into a correct perspective. In the morning, when you wake up, yesterday no longer matters. Things you said may linger, things you did may feel fresh... but feelings aren't facts. The FACT is... it's now in the past. Today is new, and with that is a NEW CHANCE to live again. So... how can we live differently?

I spent about 2 hours today in personal reflection at one of our local coffee establishments... it was very intense. I was in a room of people, but yet my only company really, was myself. And I don't know about you, but sometimes, when you come to those "look in the mirror" moments, it's not always pleasant to be in the same room with that person. For me, this entire year has been like one long session in front of the mirror... asking things like, "Who the heck are you? Who do you think you are? What the heck do you really want? What is your purpose to fulfill while you are here? Where are you going? Where do you really want to go? When are you planning to achieve ABC goal? How do you plan to achieve it? And most importantly, WHY, WHY, WHY do you do what you do every day? Those are some tough questions to answer sometimes... and if you have ever had this talk with that person in the mirror, you know where I am coming from. And if you haven't... I would like to encourage you to have one soon.

I thought I would share with you, my personal solution that I have derived from all the reading that I do... (one day I can share with you a few of my favorite life changing reads if you want?) Each and every day, this is what I am in the process of making a habit for my life. Obviously, what works for one person isn't going to work for everyone, but you can at least modify the plan to fit your life. :)

SHANNON'S VISUALIZATION/HEALTHY DAY STARTER:

Begin by spending a few minutes in complete silence. Visualize that your mind is like this small body of water, a pond say, and that it's been disturbed by something being thrown into it. Seek to get it motionless! Not one splash, not one wave, not one ripple. A completely STILL pool of water, reflecting perfectly the sky, clouds and tree line above it.

Once your "water" is still... being to imagine "your perfect day"... you will have to figure out what that means for you. For me it means:
- I have given God the first, and therefore best part of my day.
- I have read something in the Bible and meditated on it.
- I have read in full, Psalm 139.
- I have read 10-15 minutes of one of my personal growth books.
- I have spent 30 minutes moving my body.
- I have showered and gotten myself ready for the day. (I work from home, so this is necessary!)
- I have spent 15 minutes reviewing my goals, and planning my day.
- I have read my daily affirmation list.
- I have completed my "2 exposures per day" for LegalShield.
- I have followed up with at least 2 people for LegalShield.
- I have been on time to each place I need to go to that day.
- I have maintained at attitude of joy throughout the day, despite my circumstances.
- I have treated my children, my fiance, and each other person with respect.
- I have provided encouragement to at least one person.
- I have laughed at least one good laugh.
- I have shown respect to myself by speaking to myself in love.
- I have went to sleep with a clear and peaceful mind, and will awaken ready for a new day.

Now, will all this go exactly as I will? Probably not, but it's certainly an amazing place to start! After visualizing your own "perfect day"... it's time to go TAKE ACTION and live it out as best you can. After all... TODAY MATTERS!

I also encourage you to jump on this wagon with me, and revisit your own list EVERY DAY. (Mine is in a spiral notebook that I carry around with me.) Remind yourself of this commitment to betterment and living in a state of constant Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-Control. Eventually, after much practice, I KNOW this will be a way of life. Good luck fellow Conquerors! May much Peace, Love and Light be with you. and flow from you onto the lives of those around you.

Until the next #dose...
-Shannon




No comments:

Post a Comment